Accented character handling in asp

liunx

Hi...<br /><br />I am using FCKEditor to accept the data from user in asp.<br />I am storing the text entered in FCKEditor into the database(the database is managed by language called as visual data flex).<br />For that I am passing the data from asp to the visual data flex(VDF) function which is storing the data to databse.<br />My problem is how to pass accented characters(like ?or ? to VDF from ASP.<br />Because VDF does not support unicode.<br />At ASP page I've written this :<br /><meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=iso-8859-1" /><br /><br />Currently to solve accented character problem I am calling one function in asp which is performing something like this:<br /> sString = replace(sString, chr(128), "#0128;")<br /> sString = replace(sString, chr(132), "#0132;")<br /> .<br /> .<br /> sString = replace(sString, chr(254), "#0254;") <br /><br />After this I am passing this data to VDF function.<br /><br />But problem with this function is that for each character from 128 to 255 I've to do this. And it is making my system slower.<br /><br />Is their any other way to handle accented characters?<br />Please help me on this...Its very urgent.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br />
</div>