a little help????

haaser

Ok so I have been messing with things, got most things kind of figured out… now I’m trying to install some hacks… got the uploading done without any trouble… but I cant figure out where to edit the templates (I have found them) but it will say to find whatever and put this under that. Trouble is only a small part of “whatever” it there… so I’m lost as what to do…

Code:
says to find this:
<if condition="$show['usernotes']">
			<div class="fieldset">
				<div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px">
					$vbphrase[user_notes]:
					<if condition="$show['usernoteview']">
						<strong>$usernote[total]</strong> [<a href="usernote.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$userinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[view]</a>]
					</if>
					<if condition="$show['usernotepost']">
						[<a href="usernote.php?$session[sessionurl]do=newnote&u=$userinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[post_user_note]</a>]
					</if>
					<if condition="$show['usernoteview']">
						<br />($vbphrase[last_note]: $usernote[lastpostdate] <span class="time">$usernote[lastposttime]</span>)
					</if>
				</div>
			</div>
			</if>

but only a part of it is there?????

lazygizmo

Im my experience this occure usually when you have a different VB version than the one the hack/mod was designed for, or the template has already been edited.

Your best bet is to copy the full template to notepad as a backup then go ahead and edit the template, you can always paste the code back in from notepad is it doesn't work out.

Good luck

bluescorpion

lazygizmo said:
Im my experience this occure usually when you have a different VB version than the one the hack/mod was designed for, or the template has already been edited.

Your best bet is to copy the full template to notepad as a backup then go ahead and edit the template, you can always paste the code back in from notepad is it doesn't work out.

Good luck

I would add, you might want to try to revert the template and put the custom code back from your backup. Reverting will ensure that the right code is in your template before you start customizing it.