Z Layers?

liunx

I have a Fireworks navigation (or DHTML) menu with an I-frame beneath to display content... All the links work fine, and the drop-down navigation menu will appear "ABOVE" the i-Frame when there is just text, images etc. BUT: when i try to open up a PDF file inside of that I-frame, the drop down menu is sent behind it. How can i make it so it will appear above it? Do i need to create a division layer? If so, how?<br />
<br />
I have tried to set the Z-Value of the I-frame to negitive 1 and the Z-layer of the navigation to positive 1. I still shows up behind it... how can i make it so the PDF file is on a Z-layer behind the menu?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Please help! Thanks!<!--content-->set the z-index to anything above 1 like 100 or something.<br />
<br />
do you have a link to show this?<br />
<br />
but just thinking that when you open a pdf inside that iframe, it actually loads a plugin from the users computer and that may take presidence.<!--content-->It is browser specific but most layers (positioned elements) do end up below system fields, like iframes, buttons, etc.<br />
<br />
Try to design your page so the layers are not on top of these fields.<!--content-->

Back