Your position in Search Engines? If you redirect your domain to a different website

Ludacrism2

Im a affiliate for a "watch tv online" website,but im having problems with them paying on time. I run there affiliate link through my own domain which i have built up a lot of traffic over the last 5 months.

The question is if i decide to promote another affiliate company that offers a similair product and redirect this particular domain through that website,will that domain still be in the Search Engines in the same position. Im currently on page 3 for 2 important keywords on Googles.

If i redirect this domain through another affiliate website that offers the same product,will i still be in that position in the Search Engines. I would take a look into 301 redirecting...you should be fine

www.seobook.com/archives/000215.shtml
http://www.seotoday.com/browse.php/c.../477/index.php
www.webconfs.com/how-to-redirect-a-webpage.php rankings and some BL change... and usually takes time to transfer all the rankings.. i also USe 301 For Redirection the old domain might still have a rankings.. but it will going to redirect to the new domain... Can you explain more how you're running your affiliate link now?

If you have put up a page on your domain, and redirect to your current affiliate link,
I don't see a lot of impact to your serp if you change that link to another one.

If you are doing something of a cloaking-redirect, like : yourdomain/aff-link, again I don't
see how it would affect your incoming traffic too. Yeah .. It can be possible.. but usually will take some time to view. Quote: Originally Posted by siteman Can you explain more how you're running your affiliate link now?

If you have put up a page on your domain, and redirect to your current affiliate link,
I don't see a lot of impact to your serp if you change that link to another one.

If you are doing something of a cloaking-redirect, like : yourdomain/aff-link, again I don't
see how it would affect your incoming traffic too. The affiliate company i promote allows you to run your domain through there site and they will customize the site and make it look like it's your own. For example if the site is called Internet-TV-Online.com, they will put that on the site.

I ended up redirecting my domain to a completely different "online tv" website and the domain is no longer in the searches. I was on page 2 for the keyword "watch tv online", "online tv", "watch tv on computer" oic..if you are just redirecting the whole site to another site, it'd be tough to
manage SEO.

Firstly you have no control for onpage SEO.
The keywords that you rank for are greatly influenced by the page titles, meta tags,
etc, which will be gone once you change the re-direction to another site.

Your domain probably will still maintain your PR which is determined by the backlinks
pointing to your domain, while are valuable.
But now it will need to take a while for google to index your 'new pages'.
Depending on the quality of the optimization work of the new pages
your site may then rank for a different sets of key words.