XSLT Transform Attributes to Elements?

wxdqz

Is it possible to do the following?Given an ADODB.Recordset (ADO 2.5), transform the attribute based xmlstream (where each column is an attribute of a z:row element) to anelement based stream (where each column is it's own elemement node) ?For example, my query returns the following from SQL Server:<rs:data><z:row ContactName="Rubble, Barney" StatusDate="2001-04-17" /></rs:data>I'd like to apply an XSLT stylesheet to transform it to this:<Data><ContactName>Rubble, Barney</ContactName><StatusDate>2001-04-17</StatusDate></Data>The hard part that I've run into is that I'd like the stylesheet to begeneric enough for any arbirtrary ADO sourced XML stream. I thoughtthis would be easy since they all share the same structure... but I'mstuck on how to code a variable an <xsl:Element name="xxx"> in a waythat inserts the current attribute name.Here's what I've come up with so far:<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/><xsl:template match="*/rs:data" xml:space="default"><xsl:for-each select="z:row"><xsl:element name="Data"><xsl:for-each select="@*"><xsl:variable name="c" select="@name"/><xsl:element name="$c"><xsl:value-of select="*"/></xsl:element></xsl:for-each></xsl:element></xsl:for-each></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>However, when I run the transform I get an error that tells me that'this name cannot begin with the $ character'.Does anyone have a suggestion for me?TIA

Back