xslt nodes copy into define table

webmasterbeta

I am trying to create an XSLT for a flat two columns table ofthis xml...for example<R1-data><R1-study1><leaf operation="new" xlink:type="simple"xlink:href="module/study1/study_report_1.PDF"><title>Study Report 1</title></leaf><R2-study2><leaf operation="new" xlink:type="simple"xlink:href="module/study1/study_report_2.PDF"><title>Study Report 2</title></leaf><R2-1-study2><leaf operation="new" xlink:type="simple"xlink:href="module/study1/study_report_21.PDF"><title>Study Report 2.1</title></leaf><leaf operation="new" xlink:type="simple"xlink:href="module/study1/study_report_21a.PDF"><title>Study Report 2.1a</title></leaf><R3-study3><R3-1-study3><leaf operation="new" xlink:type="simple"xlink:href="module/study1/study_report_3.PDF"><title>Study Report 3</title></leaf>So for this example, what I want is to write a stylesheet that woulddisplay in a two columns table...ITEM Number TitleR1-DataR1-Study1 Study Report 1R2-Study2 Study Report 2R2-1-Study2 Study Report 2.1(blank) Study Report 2.1aR3-Study3 (blank)R3-1-Study3 Study Report 3This is the result table I want the output to come out. If Item Numberdoesn't have a title then leave it blank. If the Item Numbers exist(i.e.R1-Data, R3-Study3) and does not have title then leave the title blank.Basically, I want it to match up. Also, when they click on the title itwill take them to the document (link).I also tried to get itshow up like this table of content:http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/ (from w3c websites-scroll down to their Table ofContent listing).I am happy if I can get it to appear in the two tables of column (similiarto w3c is nice to have)with matching Item number (nodes) to Title (withlinks).This is a little more tricky. Any advice? (I hope the format and spacingis preserve in this email.Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Back