XPath - Select first group of siblings between two nodes

sk8er2859

I ran into a little problem when using XPath to query some HTML files in C#.Ok, first here's a sample HTML:\[code\]<table id="theTable"> <tbody> <tr class="theClass">A</tr> <tr class="theClass">B</tr> <tr>1</tr> <tr>2</tr> <tr>3</tr> <tr>4</tr> <tr>5</tr> <tr class="theClass">C</tr> <tr class="theClass">D</tr> <tr>6</tr> <tr>7</tr> <tr>8</tr> <tr>9</tr> <tr>10</tr> <tr>11</tr> <tr>12</tr> <tr>13</tr> <tr>14</tr> <tr>15</tr> <tr class="theClass">E</tr> <tr class="theClass">F</tr> <tr>16</tr> <tr>17</tr> <tr>18</tr> <tr>19</tr> <tr>20</tr> <tr>21</tr> <tr>22</tr> </tbody></table>\[/code\]Now, what I'm trying to do is to get only those elements that are between the B and C nodes (1,2,3,4,5,).Here's what I tried so far:\[code\]using System;using System.Xml.XPath;namespace Test{ class Test { static void Main(string[] args) { XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument("Test.xml"); XPathNavigator nav = doc.CreateNavigator(); Console.WriteLine(nav.Select("//table[@id='theTable']/tbody/tr[preceding-sibling::tr[@class='theClass'] and following-sibling::tr[@class='theClass']]").Count); Console.WriteLine(nav.Select("//table[@id='theTable']/tbody/tr[preceding-sibling::tr[@class='theClass'][2] and following-sibling::tr[@class='theClass'][4]]").Count); Console.ReadKey(true); } }}\[/code\]This code, ran over the above HTML, outputs 19 and 5.So only the second XPath expression works but that only because it searches for elements that have two elements with \[code\]class=theClass\[/code\] before them and 4 after them.My problem starts now. I want to write a single expression that will return only the first group of elements that come after a \[code\]<td class="theClass"></td>\[/code\] tag, no matter how many more groups are following it.If I run my code over this HTML\[code\]<table id="theTable"> <tbody> <tr class="theClass">A</tr> <tr class="theClass">B</tr> <tr>1</tr> <tr>2</tr> <tr>3</tr> <tr>4</tr> <tr>5</tr> <tr>6</tr> </tbody></table>\[/code\]it will output 0 and 0.So it's no good.Does anybody have any ideas?Thank you!

Back