XML XSLT HTML - Source Code

webmasterbeta

hmmm. I bought a book... an XML book... quite interesting what xml can do. The XML and XSLT files I wrote are quite aesthetically pleasing... I designed it well, I understand it well. And yet I am confused about my results. In the book, they show examples of code... they show the xml file, the xsl file, and the generated source code as a viewer would see it. But when I look at my source code through the browser, post load, I see my original xml file... nothing that would generate what I see in my browser, as I understand html. Can someone explain this, why do I see in practice something totally different than what a professionally made book tells me I should see? I follow the instructions verbatim.

I understand that there is such a thing as browser xslt and client xslt? Is this true? That might have something to do with the result that I am getting.
Even if this is the explanation in the long run, I dont see why it would happen if I design my files exactly to the letter of a lesson plan, just to get a different result.

Anywho, thanks...

Back