xml in a chain.. where to put it?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!...

I'm a complety newby in the xml stuff, and after reading all the information i found all over the net (ok, not really the hole net) i just know the phylosofy and the matters of xls... but i found nothing about real cases!!!

I've learned to use php with mysql, and now i want to learn xml, but wait... i need an answer to this very basic question that is killing my brain every day i read something about xml... where xml will fit in this chain?

sql -> xml -> php or asp or whatever in the server side -> html

is that right?, i mean: some data storaged in the database is taken out in xml format, then that is used by asp or php to render it to html???... opps, that sounds like a very busy work in the server, isn't it? i think i'm missunderstanding the point of xml.

In a real case everybody knows, like amazon for instance, are they using xml as a database, then parsing the data to html with xls or it's more sql or other database to xml then asp or other server side language rendering it to html?

I just need how to follow the chain of languages before study xml... just to be sure i can use it to something more useful than saying: xml, i know what it is...

Thanx in advance
Knob2001.

Back