XML Elements in Any Order, Some Required and Others Aren't

coptic-folder

I'm trying to have a list of elements that are allowed in any order. Some of the elements are required (min of 1, max of 1), some are optional with a maximum of one and some are optional with any number. This is what I have and the XSD is valid, but when I go to validate an XML, the rules that I'm trying to implement aren't enforced. For example, id is not made to be required.\[code\]<xsd:complexType name="feedType"> <xsd:annotation> <xsd:documentation> The Atom feed construct is defined in section 4.1.1 of the format spec. </xsd:documentation> </xsd:annotation> <xsd:choice minOccurs="3" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="author" type="atom:personType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xsd:element name="category" type="atom:categoryType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xsd:element name="contributor" type="atom:personType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xsd:element name="generator" type="atom:generatorType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="icon" type="atom:iconType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="id" type="atom:idType" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="link" type="atom:linkType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xsd:element name="logo" type="atom:logoType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="rights" type="atom:textType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="subtitle" type="atom:textType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="title" type="atom:textType" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="updated" type="atom:dateTimeType" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="entry" type="atom:entryType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xsd:any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> </xsd:choice> <xsd:attributeGroup ref="atom:commonAttributes"/> </xsd:complexType>\[/code\]

Back