XML DOM replaceChild

inciongpxh

I have a website here that writes info to and XML file, here is my code:\[code\]<?php$doc = new DOMDocument();$doc->load("xml/latestContent.xml");$rootElement = $doc->documentElement;// Create latestpic element as a child of the root element$latestPicElement = $rootElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("latestpic"));$latestPicElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("item", "Latest Pic"));$latestPicElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("content", $latestPic));// Create latestvideo element as a child of the root element$latestVidElement = $rootElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("latestvideo"));$latestVidElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("item", "Latest Video"));$latestVidElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("content", $videoData));// Create latestfact element as a child of the root element$latestFactElement = $rootElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("latestfact"));$latestFactElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("item", "Latest Fact"));$latestFactElement->appendChild($doc->createElement("content", $factData));// Save back to XML file$doc->save("xml/latestContent.xml");?>\[/code\]The problem here is every time I load the webpage it reloads this function which just adds the same data back onto the XML file, I would like it to replace the original data if I can? How do I go about doing this? I have researched the replaceChild method but can not get the syntax quite right. Can anyone please show me?Or is there a way I can add in there to load a blank xml every time? So it just adds the content to a new XML file?Thanks so much in advance!

Back