XML does not transform with XSLT?

JohnB

I am trying to get the \[code\]ageCode\[/code\] attribute from the xml below and with an xslt, put \[code\]<Adults>3</Adults>\[/code\] if the \[code\]ageCode\[/code\] = 10 or \[code\]<Children>0</Children>\[/code\] if the `ageCode = 8. Here is my sample xml:\[code\]<Root><Reservations><Reservation><Rooms><Room><Guests><Guest ageCode="10" count="3" /><Guest ageCode="8" count="0" /></Guests></Room></Rooms></Reservation></Reservations></Root>\[/code\]I am trying to tranform it into:\[code\]<Reservation><Rooms><Room><Adults>3</Adults><Children>0</Children></Room></Rooms></Reservation>\[/code\]with the follwing XSLT, but I can't get it to work (I am completely new to XSLT):\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"><xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/><xsl:template match="/"><xsl:element name="Reservation"> <xsl:apply-templates /></xsl:element></xsl:template><xsl:template match="Root/Reservations/Reservation/Rooms/Room/Guests"> <xsl:for-each select="Guest"> <xsl:if test="@ageCode = '10'"> <xsl:element name="Adults"> <xsl:value-of select="@count"/> </xsl:element> </xsl:if> <xsl:if test="@ageCode = '8'"> <xsl:element name="Children"> <xsl:value-of select="@count"/> </xsl:element> </xsl:if> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet>\[/code\]How does XSLT work? By this I mean does it go from top to bottom applying templates? I ask because you said I needed 3 templates and with each one applied, a new transformation was made.What does the first and second template actually do? Is there a way you could show the XML after the first is applied, then the second? Am I understanding XSLT correctly here?What do you mean by applies deeper templates?Would a tool like MapForce be useful if I have to create many XSLT's?

Back