Write large 4 byte integer as an unsigned, binary

RodsEndon

I have integers which floats between values: 4000000000-4294967000 (which is less than int max for a 4 byte unsigned int)and i want to save it to file, and then re-read value\[code\]$f = fopen($fileName, 'wb'); fwrite($f, pack('I', $value));\[/code\]It is important that in file, value must be exact 4 byte unsigned int, because external devices will expect that format of data. But PHP stores that big values as float, and destroys binary representation.How i can write that numbers to file in that format?[EDIT]@FractalizeR thx this works i have:\[code\]protected static function handleUint($direction, $value){ if($direction == 'encode') { $first2bytes = intval($value / (256 * 256)); $second2bytes = intval($value - $first2bytes); return pack('n2', $first2bytes, $second2bytes); } else { $arr = unpack('n2ints', $value); $value = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3607757/$arr['ints1'] * (256 * 256) + intval($arr['ints2']) - 1; return $value; }}\[/code\]But i dont quite understand, why i have to -1 on the returning value, and is this binary will be produced correct?

Back