Workflow for maintaining different versions of a webapp using git?

Mazaonline

At my company we're using git for a couple of months now (and we're happy about it), but we still don't get git for the full 100%.Our main product is a website which we offer in different languages (frontend + admin backend). Some of these websites offer features others shouldn't offer (e.g. the type of fields that need to be filled in on a given form, different validation rulesets etc.).Because these differences are fairly small, we're now using a config file to determine whether or not particular elements should be used by the website. But I guess this will cause problems when the differences between sites will get bigger.I guess using different branches will make this easier to maintain, but how do you maintain different branches with one shared core? We're not using a deployment tool like Capistrano yet (but are planning to do so), so endless manual cherry-picking from master to all the different branches is not an option at this moment.So, given this setup, how can branches help us?\[code\]master|- english|- german |- french\[/code\](For clarification: this is not about l10n/i18n, but about sharing core features between branches)

Back