Wordpress rewrite_rules not prepending index.php

Sephiroth

I am unfortunately stuck on a Windows server running a Wordpress site. My host has installed iirf for URL rewriting. I finally got that working with a little finagling. However the rewrite_rules within wordpress is not prepending index.php when the matching rules are generated. Therefore, when the server sends a request like 'index.php/foo/bar', wordpress is trying to match it against 'foo/bar'. I have created a workaround that prepends index to the rules before they are recreated. \[code\]add_filter('rewrite_rules_array', 'add_index');function add_index($rules){foreach ($rules as $rule => $rewrite) { if(!strpos($rules[$rule],'index.php') !== false) { unset($rules[$rule]); $rules['index.php/' . $rule] = $rewrite; }}return $rules;\[/code\]}This seems to be functioning correctly at the moment, but it seems that I am covering up an underlying problem. Shouldn't WordPress automatically be creating rules in this manner or is there a setting that I am missing that flags whether to add the index.php?