WORD as a HTML Editor

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi<br />
<br />
<br />
Excuse my ignorance but can i use WORD instead of NOTEPAD as a HTML Editor, and if so what do i save the file as?<br />
<br />
C I A O<!--content-->word does have a "save file as html" option, but i highly recommend using pretty much ANYthing else.<br />
<br />
in fact, if you really want a nice notepad-style text editor with a few cool frills, try seeking out Suny Notepad. i was loyal to it for a long time. a great text editor. HTMLKit, Coffeecup, and/or 1stPage2000 might also give you what you desperately crave ;)<!--content-->are you nuts???????? :D<br />
<br />
j/k in school i had to use word as an html editor, all you have to do is create the document, (no html), click save as, then chose "web page", and type in "mywordpage.htm"<!--content-->ooppps.. too late... html-kit rocks.. it has a built in ftp... =:O<!--content-->you could use word as a html editor, but it is really nasty. It bulks up your code something chronic, which means that it takes longer to Download <!--more-->. Plus, it makes it harder to find the bits that you want to change.<!--content-->Originally posted by Horus_Kol <br />
you could use word as a html editor, but it is really nasty. It bulks up your code something chronic, which means that it takes longer to Download <!--more-->. Plus, it makes it harder to find the bits that you want to change. yup. it's pretty gnarly.<!--content-->what does gnarly mean? are you talking a different langauge?<!--content-->gnarly is slang, commonly used by surfers (well, surfers in California during the mid to late 1980s anyway). basically means "hairy," as in: "whoa, dude, those breaks are pretty gnarly out there today! i wouldn't go out if i were you!" or, "whoa, dude, those breaks are pretty gnarly out there today! i don't know about you, but i am THERE!"<br />
<br />
as you can see, it can have a variety of connotations, both good and bad. however, when referring to any sort of Microsoft product, it ALWAYS means bad.<!--content-->not every microsoft product, surely. Age of Empires rocks!<!--content-->I tried to use it but didnt understand it <br />
<br />
Stick woth Notepad I use it and find it easy to use. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
HG :)<!--content-->If i were you (and i'm of course not) i would use textpad<br />
<br />
its a free Download <!--more--> and you can use it forever.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.textpad.com">http://www.textpad.com</a><!-- m --><!--content-->if I was editing word or text files, I'd use notepad/ word/ wordpad.<br />
<br />
If I was developing websites, I'd use an HTML editor. THere are tons of free ones, tons of cheap ones, and even a few expensive ones. <br />
<br />
No reason to use a butterknife when a phillips head screwdriver is the correct tool for the job.<!--content-->The Doc is right. I keep gouging great holes in my sandwiches through trying to spread butter with a cross point. You should see me trying to do up screws with the butter knife as well. :)<!--content-->

Back