Windows Server 2008, IIS7.5 and connection to MS Access 97 database

orbigoscur

I know, the topic sounds terrible. But I actually have to connect these technologies. ProblemI am currently migrating company's intranet (written mostly in classic ASP) from Windows Server 2003 32 bit with IIS 6 to Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit with IIS 7.5. Everything works perfectly fine except for one subpage which uses \[code\]set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")\[/code\] to connect to \[code\]connstring="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=path\to\mdb\which\is\really\there"\[/code\]. I open connection (\[code\]conn.open connstring\[/code\]), build a query string and then, when I want to \[code\]set rsresult = conn.execute(sqlusr)\[/code\] I get \[code\]Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--connection to 'TABLE_THAT_ACTUALLY_EXISTS' failed.\[/code\]That error is thrown at the line with \[code\]conn.execute(sqlusr)\[/code\]. Of course, it worked fine in previous environment.What have I tried?Additional info
  • \[code\]mdb\[/code\] will open only in Access 97 (why? don't ask me : / I wasn't the only one who tried to open it in Access 2000/2003/2007/2010 - it worked nowhere)
  • application pool for this web page on IIS 7.5 has \[code\]Enable 32-bit Applications\[/code\] option set to true. Parent paths are also enabled.
I will be grateful for any additional tips on what to check/do/how to fix this issue.

Back