Wild Goose Chase

liunx

Can anyone shed light on the topic of "anti-bookmarking" posted earlier in this forum.<br />
<br />
The "anti-bookmarking" topic has six (6) posts in it currently, and we don't seem to have an answer here that is working correctly.<br />
<br />
Anyone with the knowledge to dissect this script, please comment. PLEASE!!!<!--content-->How about paying someone else to write the script!!!!<!--content-->I quickly skimmed the tpic, and here is my two cents:<br />
<br />
I work in an ASP server environment, and I would require a login...username/ pass to enter the site. Once past that login point, I would set a session variable ...you can add as many as you want in asp.....and this session variable is available for the length of the users visit to the website/ or a timeout. On timeout or exit from the session, the session object, and any variables stored within are destroyed. All I have then to do is check if the session variable is present on render of any page. If not, I will redirect back to the login page. <br />
The important thing here is that the session object is created for EACH user on EACH visit to the site, when they login....and is destroyed on exit/ timeout. I also have the option to pass it URL encoded, or in the body. If the session object is expired (I can add a time/ datestamp of last use) then I would simply redirect back to log-in. <br />
<br />
I know it seems like a complicated answer....but not really. JSP pages operate in a similar manner, and I am sure that PHP/ Perl can also create a teporary object in much the same way.<!--content-->Hey, man, you must be small to fit in a server! I work in an office!!! :D<!--content-->

Back