Why won't PHP 5.2.14 display any errors (even from the command line)?

Cherry

I have PHP 5.2.10 and PHP 5.2.14 (x86 non-threadsafe Win32 builds) installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server and on Windows 7 64 bit.For some reason PHP 5.2.14 refuses to show error messages.Even when I set the following settings in \[code\]php.ini\[/code\] I don't get any errors reported if I use 5.2.14:\[code\]error_reporting = E_ALLdisplay_errors = On\[/code\]This happens even when running a test script from the command line using \[code\]php.exe\[/code\] with a deliberate syntax error:\[quote\] c:\php>\[code\]php test.php\[/code\]\[/quote\]PHP is using the correct \[code\]php.ini\[/code\] file because I can see my settings change when I run \[code\]php.exe -i\[/code\].I also notice that \[code\]php.exe\[/code\] in PHP 5.2.14 is very slow to start up.When I perform the same set of tests using PHP 5.2.10 on the same machines I get error messages reported just fine.Both of the \[code\]php.ini\[/code\] files are stock (based off of \[code\]php.ini-recommended\[/code\]) but with the \[code\]error_reporting\[/code\] and \[code\]display_errors\[/code\] settings modified.Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Back