Why isn't my background doing what I want it to?

liunx

I might have did this wrong, I am not sure. What I am trying to do is gradually increase the amount of color on this page's background as we go to the right.<br />
the top left corner is to be white and the bottom right corner is supposed to be the full color.<br />
I put up DIV tags, thinking that would work, but I have got to be missing something.<!--content-->www.24brownstreet.com/nonspec.htm<br />
is the correct addy. Please, let me know what I did wrong..<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->DIV.topleft{background: 0%}<br />
I don't think the browser knows what part of the background you mean to be 0%. Are you trying to set the background-color or something else? <br />
<br />
You can use % to set the position of a background-image, but you are not specifying one. You cannot specify a % for a color.<br />
<br />
If you are thinking opacity, that is an IE proprietary filter that is not really a style, and it does not apply so much to background-color as it does to the entire DIV.<!--content-->Thank you for replying Gil. What can I do to make this effect happen for my page. I don't know that I have ever seen this done, but I would like to make this happen, if possible... Has anyone seen this type of thing before???<!--content-->Well I am not graphic designer,however, I think if you used div tags positioned them absolute and set there background-color you should be able to get this fully or partially done..let me know the color schemes and I'll give it a shot...<!--content-->Thank you for your reply. This layout is just a sample, so I only wanted the background to start out as white in the top left and end up as a solid color on the bottom right. I was thinking a deep green, like olive. The amount of changes to this color all depends on what looks right on the page. Does this make sense???<br />
Thanks!<br />
~~~N~~~<!--content-->sowwy....it does not look even close..:-).<!--content-->Thank you very much for trying. I just might have to do what I thought I was going to have to do: Make a background and put it on the page. <br />
Thank you for your help, khalidali63. I really appreciate you trying... Thanks!<!--content-->For the IE only possible solution, see <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samples/author/filter/gradient.htm">http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samp ... adient.htm</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Awsome work Gil..<!--content-->Gil, I just now checked my mail and got the link to your reply-- you are THE MAN! Thank you so much for this. I think it'll look great on the completed site. Thanks again!<!--content-->

Back