Why is MemoryStream limited to 6KB of data?

bloolland

I have an XML document, which is 7,917 characters. It's read into an XElement using LINQ to XML, but I need to map/convert/adapt this XElement to a string (to send to a web service).Here is my method:\[code\] public string AdaptXElementToString(XElement xml) { Encoding encoding = Encoding.GetEncoding(SpecializedEncodings.Iso88591); using (MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream()) { XmlWriterSettings settings = new XmlWriterSettings { Encoding = encoding }; memoryStream.SetLength(21*1024*1024); using (XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create(memoryStream, settings)) { xml.WriteTo(writer); memoryStream.Flush(); string xmlText = encoding.GetString(memoryStream.ToArray()); return xmlText; } } }\[/code\]When I call this method, I can see using Intellisense that 'xml' has the entire contents of my file. However, the string xmlText gets chopped off at the 6144th character (which is 6 KB exactly). Because the xmlText is getting chopping off, I'm losing 1773 characters.Does anyone know why this method isn't returning the entire string? I set the length of the memory stream buffer to 21 MB to ensure that it's big enough (even though the default constructor supports resizing).I get the same behavior if I remove the call to SetLength(). I also get the same behavior if I remove the call to Flush().For my purposes, I must use encoding ISO-8859-1, so I can't change to UTF-8 or 16.Any help is greatly appreciated!

Back