Why cant u have table cell's height less than 10 pixels!!!

liunx

Is there anybody who can help me with this annoying problem i have had for a week now. I'm creating a table in HTML and want to have some of the rows less than 10 pixels in height, but this does not work, it kinda stops at 10 pixels, and everything under that still seems to be 10 pixels!!! this is for decorating purposes , kind of an empty row between data rows! please can anybody help me, or am i the only one having this trouble!<!--content-->Why not use a blank gif of say 8 or 9 pixels in height. <br />
<br />
Then set the cell height to 0 and the gif will expand the cell to fit nice and snuggly.<!--content-->thanks for the help. how do I create an empty .gif? ... im a little bit new to this kinda stuff.<!--content-->Open up your chosen graphics editor (Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks or Photoshop).<br />
<br />
Set the canvas to the height that you want and the width. Then set the background colour to the colour of the page then save as a gif. <br />
<br />
:cool:<!--content-->is it a wellknown problem that u cannot determine table cell height freely?<!--content-->THANK YOU!!! i shall try that one<!--content-->also browsers (some) won't render empty table cells. just do this for an empty one.<br />
<br />
<td width=100%>&nbsp;</td><!--content-->just make sure that if you put a non breaking space in a td that the font/ line-height are set to be 1px.... else the height of the space will be determined by the font/ line-height... and will be larger than you want. <br />
<br />
<br />
<tr height=1><td style="line-height: 1px"><font size="1px">& n b s p ;</font></td></tr><!--content-->

Back