Why can't the upload field select a new file after jQuery-validate returns an error?

Aelkelei

I'm coding a form using PHP and jQuery. I have a file upload field to which I applied the following jQuery-validate rules:\[code\]image: { accept: "jpeg|jpg|png|gif", required: "#edit_ID:blank"}\[/code\]The file upload field must only accept jpeg/jpg, png, or gif images. It is required only if the field with the ID "edit_ID" is left blank.This is my file upload field:\[code\]<input type="file" id="image" name="image" class="input1" />\[/code\]The file upload field selects files without any problem, but when jQuery returns an error because of a violated rule, even if I select a new file from my computer the file I selected before the error appeared remains there. It's as if it becomes disabled after jQuery-validate gives an error.I tried removing the rules set for this field, tested it, and encountered no problem.Does anybody have an idea what's causing this problem?Thanks.P.S.: I encounter the problem in Firefox (v.3.6.9) and IE (v.8) but not in Google Chrome (v.5).

Back