Why can't I update our Twitter status?

becca

I've spent the last three hours trying to get a simple Twitter status update to work using \[code\]Zend_Service_Twitter\[/code\] and \[code\]Zend_Oauth_Token_Access\[/code\]. Infuriatingly, I keep getting the following response:\[code\]object(Zend_Rest_Client_Result)#34 (2) { ["_sxml:protected"]=> object(SimpleXMLElement)#39 (2) { ["request"]=> string(33) "/1/account/verify_credentials.xml" ["error"]=> string(20) "Invalid / used nonce" } ["_errstr:protected"]=> NULL}\[/code\]Here is the code I have tried:\[code\]$token = new Zend_Oauth_Token_Access();$token->setToken('my token');$token->setTokenSecret('my token secret');$params = array('accessToken' => $token, 'consumerKey' => 'my key', 'consumerSecret' => 'my secret' );$twitter = new Zend_Service_Twitter($params);$response = $twitter->statusUpdate('simpletest');\[/code\]What on Earth is a 'nonce'? If I mess up the token/token secret the error message in the response changes accordingly. However, with correct credentials I keep getting the above noncence (pun intended). Also, I have tried several alternatives such as the ones in this previous post on SO.Any help would be appreciated!Update:In case it helps, or makes things easier, all I am trying to do is update the status of a single Twitter account, which is the application's twitter account. As I commented below @David Caunt's answer, whenever an 'item' gets posted to our site, the site's Twitter status will update to a brief description of the item as well as a link. That's all! This used to work, before oAuth became compulsory to make API calls (all that was needed was to instantiate a \[code\]Zend_Service_Twitter\[/code\] and pass in our credentials).

Back