Why are the scroll bars so long or even on here.

liunx

I have a general question on my website. <br />
<br />
If you goto <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://buysoftware.20m.com/lavasoft.html">http://buysoftware.20m.com/lavasoft.html</a><!-- m --> <br />
you will notice that the the pages all have <br />
extremly wide formatting. I don't understand <br />
why, I've tried many things and I cannot get <br />
any positive results.<br />
Could anyone goto this page, view source, <br />
and then give me any advice. Thanks, I'd <br />
really appreciate it.<!--content-->On the page all of the contents that I could see are centered,is that what you are refering to...?<!--content-->The problem is that you are using tables for layout, which you are not supposed to do. Use CSS instead.<!--content-->Hi, thank you for repling so soon- but I don't have any expierence with CSS so I don't know what to do- is there any language simliar to that. Also, is there any way that I can change any attributes to the table so that it doesn't do that any more; I figured tables were fine- i guess not in this case.<!--content-->It is centered, but if you look at the bottom scroll bar- it moves all the way over- it's probly 2000 pixels + I'm sorry for my stupidness!<!--content-->My question to you,are you referring to the contents in the center of the page as problem,and you want them onleft or right aligned?<!--content-->I like it to be centered, but it's just i don't like how wide the entire site it (the scroll bar is at the bottom)<!--content-->As a amtter of fact I don't see them..there is no bottom scroll bars though there are vertical ones present<!--content-->Thats weird, I checked back, and I still see them, anyone else please visit this site and see if YOU see the scroll bars. And- anyone know CSS?<!--content-->hi erdiko...<br />
<br />
actually i don't see a horizontal scrollbar when viewing with N7 and Opera6.02...<br />
<br />
BUT...<br />
<br />
there is a big fat long horiz-scroll when viewing with IE5.0!!!<br />
<br />
and quite honestly...<br />
i'd try to help you de-bug that...<br />
but it's nearly 300 lines of nested tables (yuck).<br />
<br />
maybe try printing your sourcecode and seeing if you can spot it that way (you'll probably go blind trying to find the problem by looking at the screen).<br />
<br />
sorry :( (but at least you know that you aren't seeing things that aren't there! lol)<br />
<br />
;) k<!--content-->Yeah, thanks at leas tI DO know that i wasn't seeing things- and I completely understand not wanting to de-bug it- its a pain in the (you know what) and i was tired of looking it over, and i figured it was one thing that i &*$% up on- that was too obvious to find myself. Anyways, thanks alot!<!--content-->If you want to be lazy and just fix the problem rather than solve it, add style="overflow-x:hidden;" to your <body> tag...<!--content-->:D :D :D :D <br />
Thank you so much pyro- lazyness is key- I really appreciate it!!!<br />
:)<!--content-->lol... :D You're welcome...<!--content-->Hey man, i gotta admit ur website is alot better than MINE lol- I might have to use your service or hosting sometime-- uhh ur bookmarked<br />
!;)<!--content-->Everyone I give thank to "pyro" my website is fixed- no bugs or nething- so if you guys need some hosting-design- ect. GOTO HIS SITE. Pyro- you can check out my fixed site <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://buysoftware.20m.com">http://buysoftware.20m.com</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Hey, thanks man. I appreciate you keeping me in mind!<br />
<br />
Cheers!<!--content-->Oh, BTW, you might want to put an index.htm page up. Right now, I just get a directory listing... ;)<!--content-->Yah, I meant to put up the lavasoft.htm that used to be the index but I am going to have more than just lavasoft product- co I changed but thanks for letting me know incase I didn't know<!--content-->Hey pyro- I have a question- do you offer making logos- one of the reasons i don't have the index file is because I am tring to produce an image logo for my "company". I'm sure that you would do a magnificent job- looking at whats in ur portfolio. Thanks again.<!--content-->Yes, please contact me through my site, if you are interested...<!--content-->

Back