Which is the best option, SimpleXml or XML Parser in PHP?

doracamel

I have gone through the Stack Overflow post "Best XML Parser for PHP".For the same question. It is mentioned that, if I need to manipulate XML files then go for DOM XML. My requirements are:[*]I have saved navigation in database. It is an HTML string.[*]I want to remove some pages or say \[code\]li\[/code\] tags wrapping pages that user don't want to exist in his/her page. After removing the unwanted \[code\]li\[/code\]'s, I want to save the whole string back to the database.[*]The same navigation will be used on another page. But, the HTML will be different. It will be similar, with the \[code\]ul\[/code\] and \[code\]li\[/code\], but I need to add some more divs and spans to it.[*]The navigation will be edited on this page and on each change (e.g. Changing page title, deleting a node/page, moving under another page as child.) a Ajax call will save the changes to another table in database.[*]Using the new structure, again build the navigation, which will be updated in the first navigation table.Which will be best option?

Back