Which Blowfish algorithm is the most 'correct'?

BajanCrab

I'm running Windows Server 2k8 (maybe that's half the problem?) Anyway, I'm getting different values out of different Blowfish modules in various languages. Is there one which can be relied upon as the standard?For the following examples, assume the key is \[code\]password\[/code\] and the plaintext \[code\]12345678\[/code\].a. The http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/encrypt/ (which I did for a recent PHP ext project) then I get the same answer as 'a.'. I'm inclined to trust this code the most as it's in use in SSLeay and OpenSSL.e. The \[code\]BlowfishEx.EXE\[/code\] in DI Management's Blowfish: a Visual Basic version with \[code\]PKCS#5\[/code\] padding gives \[code\]2mADZkZR0VOZ5o+S6D3OZw==\[/code\] which is the same as the Crypt::ECB results with \[code\]PADDING_AUTO\[/code\]. With Padding set to \[code\]None\[/code\] I get \[code\]2mADZkZR0VM=\[/code\] which matches 'a.'I've partly answered my own question writing this: looks like I just have to modify DI Management's code for the VB6 project. And maybe suggest the same to the writer of Crypt::ECB. But the question remains: is there a trustworthy blowfish reference platform?

Back