Whats your fav HTML editor ?

I use Arachnophilia but I want to use a wisiwig one for quickly generating code especially for tables in forms and output displays. I can then take the code and paste it into Arach.<br />
<br />
Any ideas ? I used dreamweaver years ago but I wondered if there is a free lite version about ?<br />
<br />
What do you guys use ?<!--content-->Welcome to the forums.<br />
<br />
I've got just the thread for you: <http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38957>.<!--content-->Maguma Studios 1.3.3 and Crimson Editor.<!--content-->No... NO! Not this again! Please let this tread end, this issue was ravaged before, please, not again.<!--content-->you can't find a free version of dreamweaver, but here is a way to solve your table drawing problems: STOP USING TABLES FOR LAYOUT. Tables are not meant to be used for layout, so stop using them for it.<!--content-->Originally posted by DaveinLondon <br />
I use Arachnophilia but I want to use a wisiwig one for quickly generating code especially for tables in forms and output displays. I can then take the code and paste it into Arach.<br />
<br />
Any ideas ? I used dreamweaver years ago but I wondered if there is a free lite version about ?<br />
<br />
What do you guys use ? <br />
<br />
I use Namo WebEditor 3. It's fast, relatively small in size and writes good code. The new version (5) is bloatware.<!--content-->amaya (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3.org/Amaya/">http://www.w3.org/Amaya/</a><!-- m -->) is made by the w3c so it always comes up with valid code and it's pretty easy to use as well. That said, I actualy use HotDog which comes up with rubbish code, use tables far too much and crashes all the time, but I like it.<!--content-->Hi -<br />
I really like TSW Web Coder. All great features [except for Quick View] - and free!<br />
<br />
Notepad and switching betw. .html, .css and browsers I like for tweaking, but Web Coder helps a lot with images...<br />
<br />
El<!--content-->STOP USING WYSIWYG EDITORS, IF YOU TYPE YOUR OWN CODE IT WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD. FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, NOTHING IS BETTER THEN DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND TYPEING A FEW LINES OF CODE. I DO NOT CARE HOW VALID A WYSIWYG'S CODE IS, IT STILL SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT READ LIKE IT DOES IN THAT WYSIWYG BROWSER, AND IT WILL NOT BE FLUID. GRRRR. CAPS DENOTES YELLING OBVIOUSLY, BUT I NEED TO DRIVE THIS POINT HOME. THIS WAS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE USER, BUT ANYONE WHO USES A WYSIWYG.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
STOP USING WYSIWYG EDITORS, IF YOU TYPE YOUR OWN CODE IT WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD. FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, NOTHING IS BETTER THEN DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND TYPEING A FEW LINES OF CODE. I DO NOT CARE HOW VALID A WYSIWYG'S CODE IS, IT STILL SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT READ LIKE IT DOES IN THAT WYSIWYG BROWSER, AND IT WILL NOT BE FLUID. GRRRR. CAPS DENOTES YELLING OBVIOUSLY, BUT I NEED TO DRIVE THIS POINT HOME. THIS WAS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE USER, BUT ANYONE WHO USES A WYSIWYG. <br />
Peo, don’t savage the members. :D<!--content-->well sometimes members need to savaged... WITH TEH CAPS LOCK TURNED ON.<!--content-->Thanks to all those who replied with suggestions. Very helpful. I also looked at the other thread when it was discussed before. The reason for wanting a wisiwig is so that I can position the tables whaere I want them quickly - get the code (including the positioning, colout etc) and then paste it into Arach or something similar ( i.e. get rid of any surplus junk code ). I want to use tables FOR TABLES not for format. The wisiwig is to get quick positioning for my tables. Any other work-arounds would be appreciated.<!--content-->You should position the tables by hand, the wysiwyg will still spit out crap :rolleyes:<!--content-->

Back