Whats Wrong?

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with this code:<br />
<br />
<table border="0" bgcolor="#8C96A5" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="780"><tr><td> <br />
<br />
I get error messages saying "Object Expected Line 17", obviously this is line 17 from the code.<!--content-->If it is a javascript error coding it counts from line 17 of the javascript block, not the start of the page. Even if you have more blocks of javascript, the browsers see it as ONE large script. <br />
<br />
example<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title></title><br />
<script><br />
..<br />
..<br />
..<br />
line 10<br />
</script><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<br />
<html code here><br />
<br />
<script><br />
line 11<br />
..<br />
line 13<br />
..<br />
..<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<more html here><br />
<br />
<script><br />
..<br />
line 17<br />
..<br />
..<br />
..<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<br />
So back to your question: go in and count to line 17 starting from the first line of javascripts (warning: some webhosts who put advertisement on your page may put a few lines of javascript in automatically on each page, so if this is the case make sure you could these, too)<!--content-->We would be guessing from the single line you have posted. Can we see some more please.<!--content-->"Object Expected Line 17" DOESN'T mean that the error really happens in line 17<br />
<br />
since html, javascript, or any other web programming language is so "liberal", the interpretor or browser will have a different definition or viewing point for "line 17", maybe it means line 18 or 16 in your definition.<br />
<br />
my suggestion would be search for error near "line 17", make sure that you have "<" and ">" tags to enclose your html code or javascript code, check spelling error<br />
<br />
I encounter "Object Expected" error many times, it happens if you have a statement which called a function, but the function doesn't exist, usually, it's caused by spelling error, such as mispell "unload()" as "unloan()"<br />
<br />
hope this helps!<!--content-->DA master, it may not be in your code if you use a free service like Tripod or Geocities. At the end of your code server generated code is entered and it always gets errors.<!--content-->Yeah me using Tripod UK. Here is some more code:<br />
<br />
<body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onUnload="UnloadWin()"><br />
<br />
<center><br />
<!-- header start --><br />
<table border="0" bgcolor="#8C96A5" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="780"><tr><td><br />
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><br />
<tr><td class="headlink" height="15" width="100%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0">&nbsp;<?php include ("network.php"); ?><br />
</td></tr><br />
</table><br />
</td></tr></table><!--content-->on the page that you are getting the error, coudl you load that up in your browser(aka go to it) and then right click and view source and bring it here?<!--content-->I still advocate seeing more of the post.<!--content-->it's very obvious --- your tag<br />
<body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onUnload="UnloadWin()"> called a function UnloadWin(), but I didn't find you have a function called UnloadWin(), that's what causes all problems!<!--content-->Thanks Michael, I didn't see that. Also thanks to all of you.<!--content-->

Back