What's wrong with this simple SPAN code?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The following (simple?) SPAN code causes problems in Netscape Navigator 4.7 (which, according to my bosses, I *must* code for!):<SPAN CLASS='Failure' ID=FailAAAA>AAAA</SPAN><br />
<BR><SPAN CLASS='Failure' ID=FailBBBB>BBBB</SPAN><br />
<BR><SPAN CLASS='Failure' ID=FailCCCC>CCCC</SPAN><br />
<br />
I've also attached the source file (as rendered by the Domino server) for reference.<br />
<br />
The text in within the SPAN's displays correctly, but it messes up things that appear later in the form. For instance, the following TEXTAREA is not displaying at all and the JavaScript FORM object is missing almost all of the subsequent INPUT objects. None of these problems occur if I remove the SPAN tags (but using DIV tags does NOT fix them).<br />
<br />
Please help me work around this. This is becoming quite a headache.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
Jeff<!--content-->I don't think nn4.7 supports absolute positioning. try moving anything that mentions position:absolute into a separate notepad file, save it as real.css, and then link to it using:<br />
<style type="text/css"><!--<br />
@import url('real.css');<br />
--></style><!--content-->Dave, you are right, the problem is absolute positioning.<br />
<br />
I removed the absolute positioning and the problems went away. I removed the style sheet (but put absolute positioning back) and linked to it, but that went back to the same problem.<br />
<br />
What I really need to do is not absolute positioning, but hide and show the text between the SPANs. Is there another way to do that in NN4.7?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jeff<!--content-->

Back