whats this!? a look of panic in the monkey's eyes?!!!

HORRIBLE MONSTER! AHHHHHH<br />
Why the fargo wont they just let me setup a sql database and power this project that way!?<br />
AHHHHHH! SLAM BANG BOOM CRASH ZONK POW!!! i had to get that out first! now... here goes...<br />
I'm running seperate sites via Front Page webs, and importing them into a template vai SSI. i'm having some serious problems finding the easiest way to archive this beast and i need to have it figured out in 2 hours!<br />
<br />
The directory's on my end look like this....<br />
root/local/d#<br />
<br />
(the # represents a number (1-10)<br />
<br />
The users source looks like this....<br />
root/d#web<br />
<br />
Now, for the news releases, this is what i'm doing... Latest news releases for the user are posted inside the approprite month and year folder inside of..<br />
root/local/d#web/newsreleases/year/month<br />
as a .shtml file (this allows me to control their header and sizing)<br />
This works great!... for 1 month! then when they archive the newsrelease.htm from their root/d#web/newsrelease.htm to root/d#web/newsrelease/year/month/archive.htm i loose the base href! <br />
<br />
well, you have a fly by of what i'm working with... PLEASE HELP THE MONKEY ON THIS ONE! I havent been able to sleep much this week!<br />
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->GOT IT!!! i restructured everything... and added a base href that changes when archived <br />
<br />
where is that homer cheer when ya need it???<br />
<br />
i'll explain everything later!<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->wooooo hooooo :D<br />
<br />
I need a beer :)<br />
<br />
as long as you understood everything you just said, then I'm happy for you, because you lost me on the smashing the computer part :D<!--content-->the loophole was to have the <BASE HREF=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/""> tag included into the header, and in each of the dir's have the included tag completed as an external file... thus, each dir has a different file (hidden of course) that states what base point it should use, which in this case is the approprite year and month!<br />
<br />
just dont forget to remove the additional head, body, and html tags when saving the file! when i first tried it, it wasnt liked, and displayed an include error!<br />
<br />
now does it make sence?<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->ahhhh yes tha tis much better, thanks chris.<!--content-->

Back