What Will My Database Table prefix Be Called?

Mr-Ice-Man

Im trying to install something on my website and its asking for the Table prefix: but i dont know coz i dont seem to have phpmyadmin to check.

The database username is web180-help so any ideas what Table prefix would be.

Grinderhand

Look in your config.php file on this line:

Code:
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'xx';

Whatever replaces the xx is your prefix.

Mr-Ice-Man

Grinderhand said:
The config.php FILE can be found in the /includes folder.

There isnt a config.php folder there.
Like i said in my first post it is just some software i have it not a forum or anything. Thats why ive posted here in the general section.

Hoxxy

A prefix is really only needed if you only have 1 db and need to run more that 1 script normally a prefix looks like this:
Code:
xx_

this will then be added to the tables eg: xx_table1 rather than table1 created so you can see what tables go with what script.

what script are you using maybe attach it so we can see what file needs to be edited as normally it is a config.php file but could be named something else.

Grinderhand

Oh, so this isn't vB-related. My bad. If whatever you're working with is asking you for the table prefix, it sounds like it's asking you what you want it to be, in which case it can be whatever you want. However, if the DB is already created and you need to know the prefix and don't have access to phpmyadmin, you could try downloading it and taking a look inside.

Hoxxy

Yeah if your on an install page and its asking you for a prefix the just add what you want
eg:
Code:
hbd_

Mr-Ice-Man

Hoxxy said:
Yeah if your on an install page and its asking you for a prefix the just add what you want
eg:
Code:
hbd_

Yey excellent i thourt it was a name from inside phpmyadmin lol, its worked fine now.
Thanks again.