What type of layout/nav should I have?

liunx

I wasn't sure where to put this one, so I put it here. <br />
<br />
I have a site that covers lots of games with hints/cheats/information type content. There IS a lot of content, therefore I was wondering what type of navigation/layout you think I should have. I did not want something TOO complicated, something that is easy to put on other pages, but I also want something that looks good and has a lot of information without having a bunch of javascript menu things. I don't want a layout from someone, just some opinions on what you think I should put up.<!--content-->Use CSS styled menus, with CSS rollovers (or something).<br />
Put this in an external sytle sheet, and use server side includes for the menus.<br />
<br />
That is one way. :)<!--content-->I know that much, it's just the way it's set up that I need suggestions on.<!--content-->From the information you've given, you have 3 sections - Information, Hints, Cheats. You would have this for each game, I presume?<br />
<br />
Well, you could either have dropdown menus for each game or you could have one for each section. Depending on the audience you're aiming for and the amount of content you have for each section, you could have the links go into an iFrame rather than onto a new page. You could, I suppose, use straight frames, too.<br />
<br />
Does that help a bit?<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->Yes actually, it gave me a great idea! Thanks peg!<!--content-->Originally posted by XilverFaerie <br />
Yes actually, it gave me a great idea! Thanks peg! *lol* You're welcome. Come to think of it, it gave me a couple of ideas for when I revamp my site.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->lol! Now I need to put the content in and I'm set. Then I still have about 75 more pages concerning different things! Yay! *cough*<!--content-->

Back