What Security Risks regarding content?

liunx

Hi All,<br />
<br />
I appreciate that this question is generic and really strikes at all the Forums.<br />
<br />
I need assistance regarding security concerns for web content.<br />
Does anybody know what concerns or restrictions I should be aware of with lets say JavaScript, ASP, etc....<br />
<br />
I really appreciate any help or redirection anybody can provide.<br />
<br />
Thanks is advance.<br />
<br />
Brendan.<!--content-->Appreciate that advice,<br />
<br />
This project would be intra rather than inter. We will be keeping the level of content simple. My main concerns rest with users being able to take advantage af 'daft fluff' script for cosmetic enhancements.<br />
<br />
My knowledge of JS is awful and I'm very aware that the essense of script is an applet running the code from server side. If I was to allow JS or even XMP what precautionary measures should I take to lock it down?<br />
<br />
Maybe mountains and molehills are comming in to this?<br />
:)<!--content-->JavaScript on its own can not cause any problems( to my knowledge).It will have to be assosciated with a java applet or MS ActiveXControl object to cause any threat to the local system or network.<br />
For Java applets it will require specific rights assigned to that applet to access the local system<!--content-->Thanks for the input.<br />
<br />
This is precisely where my concern lies. I would believe any editions internal to web pages using script would be applet related. I should have explained this from the start...Sorry.<!--content-->However,applets even can not access your hard drive unless they are signed,and assigned propper right s to do a specific task.Applets being risk was only a concern looooooong time ago.I have not heard of any scurity hole with applets in near past.<br />
Can't say whats the story on ActiveXControls.<!--content-->

Back