what is the .ATT file extension?

liunx

I have created a form for user input on my site, but when the send button is pressed for information to be sent to my email address, i receive a file with the extension .ATT<br />
<br />
In fact the code which i have used is just for testing before i actually create a proper form -<br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="mailto:[email protected]"><br />
<input type="text" size="35" maxlength="256" name="Name"><br />
<input type="submit" value="send"><br />
<input type="reset" value="Clear Form"><br />
</form><br />
<br />
I do receive the form data via email with the filename POSTDATA.ATT<br />
<br />
This .ATT file extension is not recognised????<br />
<br />
When i eventually create a proper form to put on a website, what software would be needed to associate this file extension so it can be opened???<br />
<br />
I hope someone can help me???<br />
<br />
Thanx in advance.<!--content-->Thanx Dave for the reply.<br />
<br />
So what would be the best option please?<!--content-->I think it is best to use a server-side script for emailing, like PHP.<br />
<br />
Create a .php file and insert the following code:<br />
<br />
<?<br />
<br />
$message = "From: $name";<br />
<br />
mail( "[email protected]", "Email from $name",<br />
$message, "From: $email" );<br />
<br />
?><br />
<br />
Then put the .php filename (URL) into the action attribute of the form element.<br />
<br />
NOTE: This script is pretty simple and it can be abused by users (i.e. you can end up with a load of blank emails in your inbox - research PHP form validation to prevent this)<!--content-->enctype="text/plain"<br />
<br />
Try this in form method<!--content--><form method="POST" action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain" > <br />
<br />
like this<br />
<br />
<br />
Or:<br />
<br />
If it's coming to you, under windows you can associate the file with a package like word or wordpad, and as i originally did, write a macro to remove all the strange formatting.<!--content-->ATT : AT&T Group 4 bitmap graphics (Source <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.file-ext.com">www.file-ext.com</a><!-- w -->)<!--content-->The original question was, "what is the .ATT file extension?" Your response was, "There is no software for the .att file extension." The software does exist and I specified where to get it if the original poster wishes but I think it makes more sense to do the job as Tim158 and DaveSW stated.<!--content-->I think it makes more sense to do the job as Tim158 and DaveSW stated than to argue about something we both agree does not actually apply even if it does answer the question as originally asked.<!--content-->lets just get this straight. My method is a quick fix. Just to get it running. Tim's method is the proper way, which may take a little while to get the hang of, hence the quick fix. End of problem. So can we leave it at that please? Please?<!--content-->

Back