What is ideal resolution ?

liunx

What resolution you set when u make the site ?<br />
800x600 or 1024x768 ?<br />
I have made my friend's site <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gujaratibooks.com">www.gujaratibooks.com</a><!-- w --> at 800x600. But now when I see at resolution at 1024x768 the table are not fit to images & site looks dirty.<br />
What I should do the solve this problem? any one can please help me ?<br />
Thanks in adavance.<!--content-->800x600- short and sweet, use percentages in your scripts other then the actual width<!--content-->i wouldnt put it in that way, you cant just say: X is the best resolution.<br />
<br />
It entirely depends on the audience you are building the site for. And as the other guy said: use percentages, this way you can build a site wich works for all resolutions. Then you would be building a site minimally designed for resolution X<!--content-->As Wijbenga said, the best resolution depends on your audience. Normally, as a standard, I would say design for a miminum of 800x600 as there are a lot of people that use that still. The Intranet I have developed at work is designed for 1024x768 but that is because I know for sure that nobody is using a lower resolution than that.<br />
<br />
There have been a few threads lately regarding ways of making your site look good in different resolutions. Try searching this forum.<!--content-->yep - its all about audience.<br />
<br />
but to make sure, it is best to use percentages rather than hard-set widths where possible.<br />
<br />
<br />
or, you could do a nice little javascript that detects the resolution and alters the page code accordingly - no worries then.<!--content-->there's a grand article at webmonkey: sizing up the browsers (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a.html?tw=design">http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/ ... ?tw=design</a><!-- m -->) <br />
<br />
they point out that you should pay attention to the canvas size, tis not the same as the browser size... and such things<br />
<br />
me huggs goldi :X \0/<!--content-->i read somewhere that the industry standard had gone up to 1024x768, but i still see hundreds of computer users working away at lower resolutions. i've had views usering 540 and less on my site which is just plain bizarre. lol. but aye, dont restrict yourself by using specific width and hieght values, cos it'll just create problems, not only in browsers but when you decide to change things and add objects, it'll just get all distorted. I hate maths, so i avoid it like :)<!--content-->Wellif your not short on bandwidth you could create multiple versions of the site for different resolutions and have a resolution re-direct script that would redirect accordingly to the user's resolution.<br />
<br />
This would make it that it would appear good in all resolutions. But it would be a hassle to update unless you used some sort of frame.<!--content-->Originally posted by KJ_innit <br />
but i still see hundreds of computer users working away at lower resolutions. i've had views usering 540 and less on my site which is just plain bizarre. <br />
<br />
This is true for my site also, over ?the users are at 800x600, most likely they all have 15" monitors...I was one also until I bought a 17"<!--content-->800x600!<br />
<br />
If it looks okay that size it should appear fine with a bigger size! If you make it in a bigger resolution it'll scroll for 800x600<!--content-->

Back