What does it mean when a regular expression is surrounded by @ symbols?

Mario1994

QuestionWhat does it mean when a regular expression is surrounded by @ symbols? Does that mean something different than being surround by slashes? What about when @x or @i are on the end? Now that I think about it, what do the surrounding slashes even mean? Background
I saw this StackOverflow answer, posted by John Kugelman, in which he displays serious Regex skills.Now, I'm used to seeing regexes surrounded by slashes as in\[code\]/^abc/\[/code\]But he used a regex surrounded by @ symbols:\[code\]'@ ^% (.{2}) # State, 2 chars ([^^]{0,12}.) # City, 13 chars, delimited by ^ ([^^]{0,34}.) # Name, 35 chars, delimited by ^ ([^^]{0,28}.) # Address, 29 chars, delimited by ^ \?$ @x'\[/code\]In fact, it seems to be in the format:\[code\]@^abc@x\[/code\]In the process of trying to google what that means (it's a tough question to google!), I also saw the format:\[code\]@^abc@i\[/code\]It's clear the x and the i are not matched characters.So what does it all mean???Thanks in advance for any and all responses,-gMale

Back