What can I do with a frame's content larger than the window space?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have created a frame and its content is usually larger than the window space, when the window is not at maximum. <br />
<br />
Is there anybody who knows what I can do in that case so that the content doesn't dissapear?<br />
Notice please that I don't want to use scrollbars.<br />
<br />
I am wondering if there is any other solution.<br />
<br />
Please help if you have any idea.<!--content-->Not sure what kind of content you have:<br />
<br />
If it's an image, you could re-size the image in an image editor and then reload the smaller image. <br />
<br />
If it's text, try a very small font size, like -2. If you're at the smallest font size already, try a serifa font instead of sans-serif (if you're not already using one). Use <BR> breaks instead of <P>.<br />
<br />
Make margins wider if necessary. Don't use a table (they usually add top and bottom space at least in some browsers).<br />
<br />
Also realize that no matter if you get it to work for you on your own screen, someone with a smaller screen resolution than you will still get the scrollbars, unless you set the scrollbars to "no." And if you do that, then those people will not be able to see everything on your page.<br />
<br />
Sorry if this is all stuff you knew already.<br />
<br />
Chris<!--content-->It's somewhat hard to tell without looking at the page, but generally you want to make the page resizable. If you are (unfortunately) using a table for layout, which could result in this problem, you could try setting the cell widths to percentages (or, better yet, use a CSS layout. Or you may already, I don't know) Either way, set your height and widths in percentages and it should all resize automatically. If it's an image issue, ask yourself if the image really must be that large. If it must (a digital photo, painting, ect) then scrollbars should be used IMO.<!--content-->

Back