Weird table stuff using IE 5/MAC

liunx

I have created a relatively simple table layout in html and can be seen in the attached file "test.html". <br />
When viewed on IE5/MAC, the heading text extends past the table margin! Viewed in NN7/MAC, IE5/PC and NN7/PC it all works well...<br />
i cant seem to locate why this is happening.<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
I think your lucky it's working at all!<br />
<br />
You have 2 html start tags instead of one.<br />
You have four links to the same stylesheet in all in the wrong places.<br />
You have your meta tags in the body section and you have two </body> tags, one of which is in the middle of your table.<br />
<br />
I don't think its got anything to do with yout original problem but try sorting these out first.<br />
<br />
Paul<!--content-->Thanks for your reply. I cleaned up the code, and it made it simpler to fix the original problem. There are some concerns i have though and i was hoping that perhaps you could shine some light on them for me. <br />
I am constructing the site in PHP, and the html code that was in the txt file which i attached was just the source code copied from the browser. My PHP code is quite structured, so i am not too sure why the html code sent to the browser would be in such a mess, such as 4 link commands all over the place, </HTML> in the middle of tables, and the other stuff you pointed out. Do you know why it would have compiled like that?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Do you know why it would have compiled like that?<br />
<br />
No sorry I don't, but if you post your code I'm sure someone else will be able to help.<br />
<br />
Paul<!--content-->

Back