Webpage Parser

liunx

I'm not exaclty sure if this is the correct title as I'm not completely sure how I should go about tackling this problem.<br /><br />Anyway, I currently have a bunch of static HTML pages. What I want to do is make the server automatically search for some strings and replace them with a predefined link that would be read from a mySQL database. If possible, check to see if the text is already part of another link, if it is, then ignore that entry and go on to the next one.<br /><br />The tricky thing with this problem is I need the modification to be done only when the pages get requested as the links from the database is always subject to change and I do not want to keep 2 copies of the whole page (the original and processed versions) as that increases the chances for things to mess up.<br /><br />Anyway help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance<!--content-->
I would suggest trying to find a good PHP/MySQL technical user forum or newsgroup to ask and share, and get sample code. I'm not into PHP, myself. But for the web applications and programming languages that I do use, I rely heavily on such newsgroups and user forums. You will find that most people in most user groups are very willing to share their knowledge and experience, as well as time<br /><br />Perhaps someone here will have some suggestions of forums for you to check out.<br /><br />Good luck!<br />kw<!--content-->
Thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure where would be a good place to post the question since I really have no idea which technology go for :p<!--content-->