Webalizer Credibility

fufu

bcsportbikes.com/webstat/usage_200403.html

What's wrong with this picture?

Quote: Average Visits per Day 20,463 Huh. I don't think so. It is a small site, Alexa rank: 260,169

Only 3,198 total search strings for the month. Search terms listed below:

Quote: 1 428 5.65% bike movies
2 152 2.01% bcsportbikes
3 110 1.45% sportbike pictures
4 98 1.29% sportbikes
5 91 1.20% stunt life
6 50 0.66% 2fast2furious
7 42 0.55% sportbike movies
8 34 0.45% bc sport bike
9 32 0.42% drool
10 29 0.38% shark helmets
11 28 0.37% 2004 gsxr
12 27 0.36% viper vs hayabusa
13 26 0.34% 2004 gsxr 750
14 26 0.34% 2004 r1
15 23 0.30% street bike movies
16 23 0.30% zx10r
17 22 0.29% bc sportbikes
18 22 0.29% bcsportbikes.com
19 20 0.26% seattle bike show
20 18 0.24% 600rr So, pretty much no search engine traffic. For the first day of the month, it shows 20,639 visits, but only 2185 unique IPs ("sites").

Weird. Ah - webalizer.

Funny - if you ever check the same with Awstats, it always lists far more search terms from engine searches, as well as lowering the actual number of unique IPs. On the site it self there are currently 16 users online ONLY Is that your own site or from someone else? if it aint your own, how would u be able to pin point where the webalizer or a AWstats would be located, would be a an easy way to find yourself some good keywords. Weird how the forum has 300000+ posts yet for one month there are 48000+ new threads (newthread.php) and 203082 new replys(newreply.php) in a single month. Has the site only been up for a month and a half?
When I was using webalyzer I always thought it was funny when I would have more Uniques than Visits so wht about the pin pointing where awstats is located in the directory for a general site anyone knows Not my stats. Just do a search on Google for:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Total...ents+Webalizer

Add your keywords and you can often find competing sites stats. cheers :wink: hmm no cheap luck(stats) for me for the keywords im targeting in my langauge. http://r0k.us/webalizer/2004.04/ - The stats for this site has a page which is PR5 - does that mean all the sites that link to it and show up in the links get PR (do stat pages pass PR?) - After a couple of clicks this forum should be on there. yeah your taking the words out of my mouth i was thinking the same.. Quote: Originally Posted by pc-clever http://r0k.us/webalizer/2004.04/ - The stats for this site has a page which is PR5 - does that mean all the sites that link to it and show up in the links get PR (do stat pages pass PR?) - After a couple of clicks this forum should be on there. referer spamming is nothing new. if you wanted to do it effectively you should do so with a bot of sorts, but I have never done it. wht would u recommend is it worth it a try, btw what is a bot of sorts. a bot is an automated program which does things for you.

i have never done it and left myself intentionally ignorant to much of that field. it is effective if you know how to do it, but it annoys people too. Just found this discussion because it happened to link to one of my pages. I'm somewhat concerned about the phrase "referrer spamming" -- it is not my intent to spam anyone about anything. I'm just an archivist who documents details.

What it offered was data. If someone wanted to find the real villians, they could trace the referrers which do not actually link to me. Instead, those sites have entrapped an unknowing surfer in a full-window frame window, following his every move. Ugly stuff, and there is evidence of the evil do-ers in web log data.

The original question involving my page, posted by Zain Jaffer, was not directly answered: Quote: The stats for this site has a page which is PR5 - does that mean all the sites that link to it and show up in the links get PR (do stat pages pass PR?) As I understand it, any page which has more than X number of links, maybe around 30, ceases to pass on page rank to any of those links. Nor, as far as I can tell, did Google penalize me for "spamming".

A couple weeks ago I reorganized the Webalizer section of my site. (Done for maintainability, not because of SEO or any external concerns.) The previous link won't work. Figuring out the new URL wouldn't be too hard. It's pretty boring stuff, though, and likely not worth your time.

-- Rich hi Rich
welcome to the forums
Quote: Originally Posted by rfranzen As I understand it, any page which has more than X number of links, maybe around 30, ceases to pass on page rank to any of those links. the pagerank is split up amongst the links on the page. each additional link means it has a smaller percentage which it can pass. Hi and welcome the forum, stick around.

Awall: Does that mean a PR8 site with 60 or so links will have alot more value then a PR3 site 60 or so? I have heard from another source/article that google completely ignores links from a site with an "x" (large) number of links? Quote: Originally Posted by Zain Jaffer Awall: Does that mean a PR8 site with 60 or so links will have alot more value then a PR3 site 60 or so? I have heard from another source/article that google completely ignores links from a site with an "x" (large) number of links? likely the PR8 should parse more link pop than a PR3 would if they have the same # of outbound links and all other things are equal.

there were / are some links that do not parse link popularity and a site is much more likely to have its link popularity blocked if it has a ton of PageRank. assuming its PageRank is not blocked then the higher PR page will parse more PageRank if both pages have the same # of links on them. Thanks for the welcome. SEO isn't really my thing, but I may participate in v7 forums from time to time.

My site is non-commercial in nature -- I think of it as several library books just sitting on the shelf for people to peruse at their leisure. If they find something interesting, cool. If they don't, no problem.

The only, likely naive, SEO theory I have is to offer unique and useful content. It doens't matter how high a site rates if visitors find cr*p when they get there.

-- Rich