web pages too large?

i have created a web site but on my computer it fits in the screen perfectly, but when i view it on other computers, it looks rather large?<br />
<br />
Is it to do with the other computers resolution?<br />
<br />
Other sites on the net look the same size in proportionate to the screen sizes no matter which computer i use.<br />
<br />
Hope you can help?<!--content-->What is your screen resolution? If it looks blown-up on other computers perhaps your screen resolution is high and the "other computers" have a lower screen resolution. This is what causes the "blown-up" appearance.<!--content-->what should my resolution be? <br />
At the moment it is 1024 * 768<!--content-->1024 * 768 is slightly larger than the most common size on the net (800 * 600), so you will get this effect on many displays.<br />
<br />
You should always use relative units when sizing your pages (such as %, em, ex, etc.) so they look similar on all resolutions, and try to avoid horizontal scrolling if possible.<br />
<br />
It's best to test your page at multiple resolutions - it's not really difficult to switch screen resolutions temporarily for testing. If you use Windows, right-click on the desktop and click "Properties", then "Settings" and adjust the slider bar shown.<br />
<br />
If you post a link to your page, we might be able to suggest ways to improve it.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->

Back