Want to over-ride CSS but don't want conflicts.

liunx

Hi guys.<br />
<br />
Ok so I got my style sheet fixed now, but the thing is at the bottom of my pages I have a little line in a smaller font asking the good people to view the copyright notice *(Thanx 4 the pop up code Doc Web! (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.volcanic-design.com/volc_links.htm">http://www.volcanic-design.com/volc_links.htm</a><!-- m -->)) It has a link but but it's being displayed by the style sheets orders (i.e in a bigger font). I need it displayed in a smaller font...<br />
<br />
Now i read somewhere that there could be conflicts with multiple stylesheets so will I have to do an in-line style sheet?<br />
or use a '.class' whatever the hell they are!<br />
<br />
Can anyone shed a little light for me?<br />
<br />
many many thanks<br />
<br />
d<!--content--><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Untitled</title><br />
<style><br />
body {font-family: veranda; font-size: 16pt; color: blue;}<br />
.copyright {font-family: times; font-size: 7pt; color: red;}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
Despite being the defending NFC champions, the New York Giants enter Monday night's opener with the Denver Broncos as underdogs (ABC, 9 p.m. ET), a role Giants' veteran OL Lomas Brown says he relishes. Meanwhile, Broncos' rookie CB Willie Middlebrooks writes that he is looking forward to a opening his professional career on Monday Night Football. <br />
?Chat: Pregame primer -- Mon., 3:30 p.m. ET <br />
?Fouts: A perfect opener <br />
?Getting Crazy with ... Giants OG Glenn Parker <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Game plan: Giants vs. Broncos<br />
ESPN's Ron Jaworski and Sean Salisbury break down the MNF matchup.<br />
Wickersham: Terrell Davis on safari<br />
Lions and hyenas and geckos, oh my!<br />
ESPN The Magazine: Marked Man<br />
It's time for Terrell Davis to run past all the doubters.<br />
Classic MNF: 49ers-Giants 1991<br />
This year marks the 10th anniversary of one of the most exciting MNF season openers.<br />
MNF History: By the thousands<br />
Follow the road to the 20,000th point, which will be scored sometime within the first five weeks of the season.<br />
MNF History: Top scoring teams<br />
Top 10 scoring teams in Monday Night Football history.<br />
MNF History: Top single-game point totals<br />
Top 10 single-game point totals in Monday Night Football history.<br />
MNF History: Top Scorers<br />
Monday Night Football's Top Scorers<br />
Refs union rejects offer, replacements hired<br />
For the first time in 14 years replacements will be on NFL fields. This time it's the officials. <br />
Sehorn likely, Hilliard questionable for Giants' opener<br />
Despite missing another day of practice, cornerback Jason Sehorn probably will play in the New York Giants regular season opener against Denver.<br><br><br />
<span class="copyright"><br />
Copyright ?001 ESPN Internet Group. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information are applicable to this site. Employment opportunities at ESPN.com. <br />
</span><br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->Hi Doc hope you're well.<br />
<br />
I tried your suggestion but in the line of copyright stuff there's a link that initiates the pop up. ;)<br />
<br />
Now the CSS commands are over-riding the '.copyright' class.<br />
<br />
If you look here (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/the_disavowed/wrongdeleteme.htm#">http://www.geocities.com/the_disavowed/ ... eteme.htm#</a><!-- m -->)you'll see what I mean. If you look at the bottom you'll see the link that says<br />
"Please view our Copyright notices here" - I need "here" to be the same size as the rest of that line.<br />
Although this particular page doesn't have the .copyright class in it, the effect was the same as you see in my linked page.<br />
<br />
I think I need an inline style,<br />
but i'm unsure how to code it...<br />
Would it be right in the link tag - i.e. <a href style=blah><br />
sort of thing?<br />
<br />
I am being a real dunderhead here.<br />
<br />
Thank you if you can advise me, I can't see the wood for the trees!<br />
<br />
Much Respect,<br />
<br />
d<br />
<br />
====================EDIT=================<br />
Gosh I'm a swordsman?!?!?! Man I am totally unworthy of that class!<br />
=========================================<!--content-->That's right - to overwrite it you'd need to put the class definition in the anchor tag ala:<br />
<br />
<style> <br />
.copyright {font-family: times; font-size: 7pt; color: red;} <br />
</style> <br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"WHEREVER" style="copyright">here</a><!--content-->Thanks man, <br />
but I couldn't get it working . . .<br />
<br />
I attached a screen grab how it looks. I inserted the code you suggested, but it made no difference.<br />
<br />
I need the link to be the same size as the rest of that bottom line . . .<br />
<br />
Any ideas M8?<br />
<br />
I want to extend my deepest sympathies to all you Americans out there. I hope the perps are brought to justice :(<br />
<br />
d<!--content-->sim,<br />
<br />
make a class for the href that matches (or use the same) class for the small text. Here is another example that matches the 'small' copyright (but puts yahoo in green):<br />
<br />
<br />
<html> <br />
<head> <br />
<title>Untitled</title> <br />
<style> <br />
body {font-family: veranda; font-size: 16pt; color: blue;} <br />
.copyright {font-family: times; font-size: 7pt; color: red;} <br />
a.small {font-family: times; font-size: 7pt; color: green;} <br />
</style> <br />
</head> <br />
<br />
<body> <br />
Despite being the defending NFC champions, the New York Giants enter Monday night's opener with the Denver Broncos as underdogs (ABC, 9 p.m. ET), a role Giants' veteran OL Lomas Brown says he relishes. Meanwhile, Broncos' rookie CB Willie Middlebrooks writes that he is looking forward to a opening his professional career on Monday Night Football. <br />
?Chat: Pregame primer -- Mon., 3:30 p.m. ET <br />
?Fouts: A perfect opener <br />
?Getting Crazy with ... Giants OG Glenn Parker <br />
regular season opener against Denver.<br><br> <br />
<span class="copyright"> <br />
Copyright ?001 ESPN Internet Group. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information are applicable to this site. Employment opportunities at ESPN.com. <a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"www.yahoo.com" class="small">yahoo</a><br />
</span> <br />
</body> <br />
</html><!--content-->Thank you good Doctor I will try this out tomorrow, when I get some damned time to myself coz it's me day off (YAY!)<br />
<br />
But I fear it will not work, as earlier on there other 'hrefs' so surely the .class will affect that link too,<br />
making it unneccesarily small.<br />
<br />
I am going to try to combat this be creating another class for other hrefs too.<br />
But this is starting to defeat the whole object of flippin' CSS.<br />
<br />
I think if I can't get this working I will just revert back the the general font size and put this 1 down to experience :(<br />
<br />
I am gonna really attack this thing tomorrow!<br />
<br />
Thanx for all your help !<br />
<br />
d<!--content-->

Back