Want to accomplish what [code][/code] does here w/ html or php

liunx

Can anybody help me here? What i'm doing is pasting some ascii art but when i paste it it all aligns to the left and looks like crap, i want it to display it the way it looks when u edit it...any help would be appreciated<br />
<br />
o yea it can't use javascript or anything like that..its going into n aim profile<!--content-->Its not very clear what you mean, do you want to put the art into your aol instant messenger profile, if so they have very limited control over positioning of any images or text. You would need to read their help files on how to control the lay out.<!--content-->well what i'm gonna do is use the target self command so it loads in my window...so basically all i need is n html file or php that will allow me to paste some ascii art and have it display as its pasted...w/ all the spaces intact maybe putting it in a table or something, i'm not sure....aol really doesn't have anything to do w/ it for the most part, though it does limit advanced html like java....so it has to be kinda basic<!--content--><PRE>.....< /PRE><br />
<br />
This will display the text in fixed-width type without collapsing spaces. So your art should be lovely.<!--content-->thanks man...that worked perfect but unfortunately aim blocks the pre command...i doubt i'm going 2 find anything that works here:(<!--content-->Yeah AOL have had alot of troubles with HTML in the past, used to be able to hack from the browser and get username and passwords of registerd customers. So they have disabled alot of HTML commands that customers can use.<!--content-->

Back