want links from XML feed to open new window

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there. Thanks for reading.
I'm currently using MagpieRSS to parse an XML feed in my web site. I'm amazed at how simple that part was to accomplish, although, i didn't get the part about controlling how many items to show-- i think there's a typo in the readme file. maybe i need glasses?

anyway-- i'm pleased w/ what i have for now. but, the feeds, each of which (in this case) are hyperlinks 100% the length of the feed text, i'd like for the target of the link to be a new window (or new tab... whatever), so the user isn't directed away from my page.

rather than get in there and mess around w/ the code to try to make it work as i want, i thought perhaps there might be a way, not unlike the collapsing display:none div trick for the [more...] feature? i'm no javascript ace if you haven't guessed, so i'm not sure if this can be done-- but the idea would be to enclose the feed output in a div, and tell the browser to launch all links which come from inside of that DIV into a new window (or tab).

ideas? i wouldn't know how to write the code for it, so that's the other reason i'm here. i mean-- if the idea sounds right, and you're wondering why i'm here-- it's because i don't know how to write the javascript.

okay. thanks!!

Back