viewing PR with MozillaFirebird

exteveWilielt

hi all,i started using mozilla firebird browser, and fell in love with it. dumped ie.however, the major thing i'm missing is the PR bar, which i get on the googlebar if i use ie. checked a bit, and there is a "community" googlebar for mozilla, but of course, due to the google checksum, no PR on the bar is incorporated.has anyone been able to figure out the crc, and implement something to the googlebar PR in mozilla?tnx!This was mentioned in a previous post somewhere, i think in this topic section, but the general assumption we came too, was that a way to crack the crc for the google toolbar is not a good idea. If you could, then there would be plenty of spiders out there to crawl websites and then send spammy emails to any pages with high PR. If that would happen, then Google would change its CRC anyway and you'd have to crack it again.In other words, if you want to use the google toolbar to show pagerank, then I'm afraid the best option you have is to download it from the available options at google...I have not taken the time to crack it, but I can tell you that there is an extra digit that needs to be removed before you CRC it. Once you do crack it, you must add the feature to the mozilla toolbar yourself, understanding that this is against googles TOS. Because of the open source nature of the mozilla toolbar, it will not be added to a publically available version.If you are in DMOZ then you can view the "toolbar PageRank" in the Google Directory. Just to stress though that this isn't the actual pagerank. The actual pagerank is wafting around the dataservers and only Google can see it.