View source in Netscape Navigator 4.77

A couple of questions. 1) Everytime I view page source in Netscape it opens the html in a java like window that cannot be edited or saved unlike Internet Explorer. I went into settings and the only place to have an external editor for notepad is on the composer settings under edit > Preferences. And this only effected Composer not the Navigator. Am I able to change this some how?<br />
<br />
2) On some pages when I view source, there is no text but instead blocks. (see attachment)then the actual browser page text turns to blocks as well.<br />
<br />
hhhhheeeeellllllppppp<br />
Thanks Paulee<!--content-->I am using windows 2000 now previously 98 where I don't recall having the block problem<!--content-->I have sorted the block problem. While in the java type source window I go ctrl-r to reload it comes up okay. So I check the settings on my cache from 0 kb for cache size to say 1000 on memory and disk cache and select never for compare document to network. so only problem one now thanks.<br />
;-)<!--content-->A reply to question 1<br />
<br />
The first thing you can do is copy and paste the text that comes up in this window. You will have to use your mouse to select it all and then use the CTRL-C combination to copy it.<br />
<br />
The next thing is to go into preferences and change the viewer for page source to notepad for example... I do believe this can be done.<br />
<br />
Finally why are you still using that dinosaur? Maybe a good reason but if not get down to Mozilla at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mozilla.org">http://www.mozilla.org</a><!-- m --> and get yourself a real browser. Mozilla actually created most of the code for netscape. They have a stable browser availabe now and it is one of the best browsers out there... will stop pop-up amongst loads of other control.<br />
<br />
Good luck.<!--content-->as far as I can tell anyway see attachment for settings changed. Do you know another way that I have missed.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the browser info, but have to stay with this version unfortunately,<!--content-->Will have a look for you when I get home, I don't have netscape at work. Why do u have to stay with that version by the way?<!--content-->Netscape doesn't give you that opportunity to change the editor. you have to use teh one it gives and do as entimp said.<br />
<br />
Also entimp, some companys only write for Netscape. meaning that some code will only work in netscape.<!--content-->

Back