Vetofunk

qtarsusy

Finally got accepted as a DMOZ editor Saw that the editor forums were down. Seem to be back up now, but what should I be using for a U/P? Tried my regular editor login but no luck, and didn't see a registration within the forum itself.Is the forum up but not functional yet? Any idea?Thanks.You should have set your username and the password when you applied. They should be in your email you received when you were accepted.When you know these, you should be able to get right in through the editor login.What category did you get if you dont mind telling?Had a feeling I wasn't describing the problem well. Let me give this another shot:I am able to login to the dashboard without a problem using the username and password contained in my acceptance e-mail. I can edit my category fine, which is http://dmoz.org/Games/Gambling/Sports/S ... ols/Pools/ btw.The problem seems to be isolated to the forums. I'm trying to use the same u:p at the forum login (not the initial system login when going to forums.dmoz.org, but the actual html login). I tried using the 'forgot my password' feature, but it tells me the email address and my username do not match, even though I used the email address where I received my acceptance email.Maybe they're still having forum issues?I was not aware of the forum issues. I just checked and i was able to get in fine. You might want to email someone in the resource-zone forum to see if anyone as encountered this yet.Vetofunk,Apparently the authentication db is screwy right now.So since, I have no forum access, can I ask a few more DMOZ editing questions?1. Should a site I have added (or modified) appear immediately in editors.dmoz.org? I made a few edits and have seen no changes there (or live). How long does it take for edits to show publicly?2. Is deleting an site from the unreviewed list considered a "rejection"? If so, are my notes communicated to the site submitter in the rejection notification?Sorry for the newbie questions, but the editing interface isn't as intuitive as it could be.Thanks.they should show in editors immediately, normally. the "regular" update for the public page usually takes a few days.not sure what you mean on the second. Sorry on #2. I was under the impression that when a site was deleted ("rejected"), some notification was sent to the submitter. Evidently that is not the case, as told to me by a Meta.Strange on #1, as I have added a site and edited the description of another. The changes show up at the bottom of my Category editing menu, but are not showing up in the actual category on editors.dmoz.org.Can another DMOZ editor try an add or edit and let me know if the problem is on my end or system-wide?Thanks in advance.