very simple question only

liunx

i was just wondering what is the maximum string capacity (is that what you call it) when you pass parameters across forms? like for example, i have a text area and i put text there (let's say, a 2MB worth of a Word document) then i click on the submit button (that's supposed to pass the text area's value into the following page). isn't it sometimes, if there is too much values, not all the text area's value is passed to the following form? so i need to know what is the maximum number of values or characters or in bytes? am i making sense? well i need all the help i can get on this one. thanks all.<!--content-->Technically there is no limit in newer browsers (although some older browser had a 256 character limit .. back in versions 3.x). However, when you exceed this figure the size of the header and thus the Download <!--more--> time can increase dramatically so it is probably a good idea to keep the length down to minimum or transfer data using other technologies such as 'post' etc<br />
<br />
some servers may set a limit for the url character length. inquire with your network provider.<!--content-->url length is at 4k.<!--content-->php has a max post limit of 8M, but can be upped in the ini file.<!--content-->If the string has anything to do with a database, as it might do in ASP... the database will be set to one of two types. MEMO and TEXT<br />
<br />
TEXT has a maximum of 255 characters (Default size is 50).<br />
MEMO has a maximum of 65,536 characters.<!--content-->thanks you guys!! thanks for all the info! :)<!--content-->

Back