Vertical Alignment.

liunx

I made a flash intro, and wish to center the intro in the middle of the page, so that it works on all resolutions. <br />
<br />
I have included all of the correct tags (i think!) + been adding 'valign=center' everywhere! It just doesnt want to work, take a look for yourself.<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
</head><br />
<body bgcolor=ffffff><br />
<br />
<table width=100% height=100% cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=1><br />
<tr align=center valign=center><td align=center valign=center><br />
<br />
<object align=center valign=center><br />
<embed src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"flash.swf" height=60% width=60%><br />
</object><br />
<br />
</td></tr><br />
</table><br />
</html><br />
<br />
I cant think what else needs to be done!<!--content-->Try this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<html> <br />
<head> <br />
</head> <br />
<body bgcolor=ffffff> <br />
<br />
<table width=100% height=100% cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=1> <br />
<tr><br />
<td align=center valign=middle> <br />
<br />
<object> <br />
<embed src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"flash.swf" height=60% width=60%> <br />
</object> <br />
<br />
</td><br />
</tr> <br />
</table> <br />
</body><br />
</html> <br />
<br />
<br />
I suggest using pixels dimension instead of percentage values for the embed source or just don't use any height or width attributes. The above code may still not display in the center/middle of the page in some browsers, notably older Netscape browsers.<!--content-->It still dont wanna work, ive put that in everywhere with valign=middle and ive got IE6. I cant figure it out.. It's gettin' on ma nerves.<!--content-->You have to remove height=60% width=60% and use a fixed pixel value or use nothing. I don't know why but browsers can not valign content when the dimensions are specified in percentage values. Just try it and you will see what I mean.<!--content-->Thanx mate- you've made ma day! lol<!--content-->

Back